Monday, September 22, 2008

On the Philippine Blog Awards

I originally posted this hurr

http://hoops.blink.ph/2008/09/22/on-the-philippine-blog-awards/



First up, I would like to congratulate my fellow writers and the people behind Blink. Despite not winning the PBA Finals, making it to the finals is already one hell of a feat. To the people who nominated us and our readers who never ceased to support us.

Second, I would like to extend my hand to The Bull Runner team, who won both awards under the category of sports. You guys rock ass! I visited your site last night and you definitely deserved the award. To all the other finalists, better luck next time guys. See you at the awards night next year.

Anyway, I arrived at Esplanade at about 5:30 pm. Registration was kinda sucky because my name wasn’t on the list. After some talk with the guys on the registration booth I finally got in and the first thing that I saw? Yeah… free food :D :D :D

You see that? The food was good too, and so was the punch. Moving on.. the awards started a bit late but it was ok, I met some bloggers while waiting so it was all good. Show opened up with the Philippine National Anthem of course after that, Senator Mar Roxas’ opening speech. The speech was a bit long but it was a good one. I always love listening to smart people talk. He compared the democracy today and the one from 36 years ago back when the former President Ferdinand Marcos declared martial law.

After Senator Roxas’ talk, the awarding proper started. I was surprised to hear that they’re going to hand over 36 whooping awards this year. If you want to view the list of the winners, CLICK HERE.

Overall, it was a fun night. I would like to thank the organizers of this year’s Philippine Blog Awards for making this night possible. It was a success to say the least and I’m looking forward to next year’s awards night. Til next time guys :D

Want photos? Click here.



Want to stalk me up? Bark at me over at plurk :D

No comments: